Sightful Invest
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock
Top Posts
Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...
GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...
DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...
US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...
LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...
Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...
Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...
Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...
Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump...
Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock

Sightful Invest

Politics

Hamas to release 3 more hostages, including US citizen, as part of fragile ceasefire deal

by admin February 1, 2025
February 1, 2025
Hamas to release 3 more hostages, including US citizen, as part of fragile ceasefire deal

Terror group Hamas has released two more hostages, with a third, an American-Israeli citizen Keith Siegel, expected to be freed later Saturday as part of the ceasefire agreement with Israel. 

Hamas handed over Ofer Kalderon and Yarden Bibas to the Red Cross, and both were expected to be given over to IDF soldiers. 

Siegel, 65, was raised in North Carolina and immigrated to Israel as a young man, becoming a dual U.S.-Israeli citizen. He and his wife, Aviva, settled in Kibbutz Kfar Aza. He had been held in Gaza since October 7, 2023, when both were kidnapped from their home during the Hamas massacre. 

Aviva Siegel, who was freed in the last hostage deal in November, previously told Fox News about her fears for his deteriorating health, emphasizing that the fight is not over until all hostages return. Alongside Siegel, French-Israeli Ofer Kalderon and Yarden Bibas were also freed. Bibas’ wife and two young children remain in captivity.

Siegel would be the first American freed under the current ceasefire deal. So far, 10 Israeli hostages and five Thai nationals abducted on October 7 have also been released. Six Americans remain in Gaza. Among them, Sagui Dekel-Chen, a 36-year-old father of three, is expected to be freed soon. Another captive, Edan Alexander, 21, from New Jersey, was serving in the IDF when taken. Hamas also holds the bodies of deceased hostages.

Securing the release of U.S. citizens and other hostages remains a top priority for President Donald Trump, who warned Hamas would face ‘all hell to pay’ if they failed to comply. White House envoy Steve Witkoff, closely monitoring the situation, recently became the first U.S. official to visit Gaza in 15 years. ‘There is almost nothing left of Gaza,’ Witkoff told Axios, estimating that full reconstruction could take 10 to 15 years. He stressed that advancing the hostage deal is key to stabilizing the region and broader diplomatic efforts, including Saudi-Israeli normalization talks.

For the families of those still in captivity, the struggle is far from over. Yechi Yehoud, father of released hostage Arbel Yehoud who was released on Thursday, delivered an emotional statement upon his daughter’s return. 

‘Arbel has come back to us in reasonable health, considering the hell she endured. She survived heroically until the very end, displaying immeasurable courage. We are here also to express our gratitude to President Trump, and his Middle East Special Envoy Mr. Steve Witkoff, who knew how to speak ‘Trump language’ in the Middle East and leverage full diplomatic pressure for the hostages’ return… We won’t rest until we know they’re back with us, alive!’

The ceasefire, which has temporarily halted a brutal 15-month war, is unfolding in phases. Each stage involves the staggered release of Israeli hostages in exchange for Palestinian prisoners and increased humanitarian aid into Gaza. However, the process has faced setbacks, including horrific scenes this week when Hamas paraded hostages before an angry mob, endangering their safety. The chaotic handover to the Red Cross sparked outrage in Israel. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu briefly halted the reciprocal release of Palestinian prisoners, warning Hamas against further disruptions.

The current plan includes additional hostage releases in the coming weeks, with 33 captives expected to be freed over six weeks. In return, Israel will release 2,000 Palestinian security prisoners, including 250-300 convicted of deadly attacks, and allow increased humanitarian aid into Gaza. Whether Hamas will fully comply remains uncertain, putting the fragile truce at risk.

Amid high-stakes ceasefire negotiations, Netanyahu has accepted an invitation from President Trump to visit Washington on February 4, making him the first foreign leader to meet Trump in his second term. The visit will focus on the hostage deal, ceasefire discussions, and broader security concerns, including Iran and Gaza’s reconstruction.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
‘Important opportunity’: DNC chair candidates reveal how they will rebound after disastrous 2024 results
next post
Trump envoy Richard Grenell secures freedom for 6 Americans following meeting with Maduro in Venezuela

You may also like

Inside NASA’s fast-track plans for lunar nuclear power...

August 8, 2025

Mexico sues Google for changing ‘Gulf of Mexico’...

May 10, 2025

Trump says ‘tremendous bad blood’ between Zelenskyy, Putin...

October 17, 2025

Musk was never briefed on China war plans...

March 22, 2025

Canada stares down consequences of Trump tariff war:...

April 2, 2025

Judge blocks Trump National Guard deployment in Los...

December 10, 2025

Kim Jong Un shows off ‘most powerful’ ballistic...

October 11, 2025

DNI Gabbard sounds off on Europe’s ‘divergence’ from...

March 3, 2025

Trump credits Iran nuclear strikes for kickstarting Israel-Hamas...

October 13, 2025

Voters want more US involvement on world stage...

December 5, 2024

Recent Posts

  • Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the Senate despite Schumer, Dem opposition: ‘We will have a vote’
  • GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter ID bill as Senate fight looms
  • DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate Democrats block funding over ICE reforms
  • US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept alleges China nuclear test
  • LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word salad as Rubio channels strength

    Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest insights, updates, and exclusive content straight to your inbox! Whether it's industry news, expert advice, or inspiring stories, we bring you valuable information that you won't find anywhere else. Stay connected with us!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Categories

    • Business (976)
    • Investing (4,127)
    • Politics (4,985)
    • Stock (4)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sightfulinvest.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 Sightful Invest. All Rights Reserved.