Sightful Invest
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock
Top Posts
Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...
GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...
DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...
US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...
LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...
Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...
Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...
Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...
Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump...
Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock

Sightful Invest

Politics

Swalwell demands 2028 Dem candidates vow to destroy Trump’s White House ballroom project

by admin October 26, 2025
October 26, 2025
Swalwell demands 2028 Dem candidates vow to destroy Trump’s White House ballroom project

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., said the next Democratic presidential nominee must vow to demolish President Donald Trump‘s White House ballroom, proposing the pledge a litmus test for the party’s 2028 contenders.

‘Don’t even think of seeking the Democratic nomination for president unless you pledge to take a wrecking ball to the Trump Ballroom on DAY ONE,’ Swalwell wrote on X on Saturday.

Swalwell’s office did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital for additional comment.

For the first time in its history, the White House will have a formal ballroom, a new addition built where the East Wing once stood, a project that has become a political flashpoint as photos of the demolition fuel debate over President Trump’s mark on the historic residence.

On July 31, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt announced the planned construction of a 90,000-square-foot ballroom. The sprawling ballroom will accommodate approximately 650 seated guests and will stay true to the classical design of the White House.

‘The White House is currently unable to host major functions honoring world leaders in other countries without having to install a large and unsightly tent approximately 100 yards away from the main building’s entrance,’ Leavitt said, adding the new ballroom will be ‘a much-needed and exquisite addition.’

Construction on the White House grounds, which began earlier this month, is estimated to cost $250 million and will be financed by Trump and private donors.

The ballroom isn’t the only update. 

Trump has introduced gold accents in the Oval Office and Cabinet Room, a new monument dubbed the ‘Arc de Trump,’ the ‘walk of fame’ with portraits of former presidents, including a photo of the autopen representing former President Joe Biden’s time in office, added stone pavers to the Rose Garden lawn and installed two 88-foot flagpoles.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
PHOTOS: The making of Trump’s White House ballroom, a look at the construction progress
next post
Trump dances with Malaysian performers as he kicks off Asia tour in lively fashion

You may also like

Hegseth quips ‘99.9%’ of DEI initiatives are gone...

April 11, 2025

Michelle Obama wore nearly $3K pantsuit to DNC...

August 22, 2024

Israel FM accuses Palestinian Authority of aiding terror...

December 26, 2025

Reagan-appointed federal judge resigns to speak out against...

November 10, 2025

Trump says he’ll speak with Putin in call...

March 18, 2025

China releases 3 ‘wrongfully detained’ Americans, White House...

November 28, 2024

FBI arrests suspect in attack on US Attorney...

November 15, 2025

Michelle Obama reveals ‘infuriating’ moment on Air Force...

November 12, 2025

Trump campaign slams ‘witch hunt’ after Jack Smith...

October 19, 2024

Trump pushes ‘Trump-a-palooza’ midterm convention as GOP braces...

January 24, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the Senate despite Schumer, Dem opposition: ‘We will have a vote’
  • GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter ID bill as Senate fight looms
  • DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate Democrats block funding over ICE reforms
  • US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept alleges China nuclear test
  • LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word salad as Rubio channels strength

    Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest insights, updates, and exclusive content straight to your inbox! Whether it's industry news, expert advice, or inspiring stories, we bring you valuable information that you won't find anywhere else. Stay connected with us!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Categories

    • Business (976)
    • Investing (4,127)
    • Politics (4,985)
    • Stock (4)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sightfulinvest.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 Sightful Invest. All Rights Reserved.