Sightful Invest
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock
Top Posts
Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...
GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...
DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...
US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...
LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...
Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...
Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...
Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...
Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump...
Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock

Sightful Invest

Politics

Trump admin fights in court to keep White House East Wing demolition, $300M ballroom build on track

by admin December 16, 2025
December 16, 2025
Trump admin fights in court to keep White House East Wing demolition, $300M ballroom build on track

Lawyers for the Trump administration and a historic preservation group are slated to appear in court Tuesday afternoon in a bid to halt — at least temporarily — President Donald Trump’s plan to continue building out a $300 million White House ballroom on the site of the now-demolished East Wing. 

‘No president is legally allowed to tear down portions of the White House without any review whatsoever — not President Trump, not President Biden, and not anyone else,’ the National Trust said in its lawsuit, filed late last week with U.S. District Judge Richard Leon.

The group argued that Trump’s project has already caused ‘irreversible damage’ to the White House, and asked Leon to grant both a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction to block the Trump administration from commencing or continuing further work on the ballroom project until the necessary federal commissions have reviewed and approved the plans.

The suit alleges violations of multiple statutes, including the Administrative Procedure Act and the National Environmental Policy Act, and says the ballroom cannot move forward without authorization from Congress, the National Capital Planning Commission and the Commission of Fine Arts. Trump fired all six members of the CFA in October; the panel remains vacant.

Meanwhile, lawyers for the Justice Department argued in a separate filing on Monday that Trump does have the statutory authority to modify the structure as president.

‘The President possesses statutory authority to modify the structure of his residence, and that authority is supported by background principles of Executive power,’ the Justice Department told the court on Monday in a separate filing. 

They cited Trump’s personal involvement in the project, and noted that he has regularly taken part in meetings and discussions ‘regarding design and footprint and personally selecting the architect for the project,’ among other things. 

Lawyers for the Trump administration also argued that abruptly halting construction on the project would create ‘security concerns’ at the White House, an argument it is expected to seize on further during Tuesday afternoon’s hearing. 

They also included a declaration from Secret Service deputy director Matthew Quinn that said improvements to the site ‘are still needed before the Secret Service’s safety and security requirements can be met.’

‘Any pause in construction, even temporarily, would leave the contractor’s obligation unfulfilled in this regard and consequently hamper the Secret Service’s ability to meet its statutory obligations and protective mission.’

Trump in July first announced his plans to proceed with constructing the sprawling, 90,000-square-foot ballroom, which he estimated at the time would cost around $200 million. Trump has insisted it will be funded ‘100% by me and some friends of mine.’

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
JD Vance brushes off Susie Wiles calling him conspiracy theorist in new Vanity Fair report
next post
Kennedy urges GOP to restart spending battle amid soaring cost of living, warns against wasting majority

You may also like

Trump says Turkey ‘did an unfriendly takeover’ in...

December 17, 2024

US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee indicates US...

June 20, 2025

Federal judge dumps Peter Strzok lawsuit over FBI...

September 24, 2025

4th round of US-Iran talks ends as Trump...

May 12, 2025

Trump appeals order blocking him from firing Fed...

September 16, 2025

Hispanics helped Trump win. Here’s how Republicans build...

November 8, 2024

Why banning 8 food dyes is important in...

April 25, 2025

Mike Johnson rallies House Republicans on government shutdown...

October 5, 2025

Ryan Routh trial continues after agent testifies suspect...

September 12, 2025

Trump boasts of ‘very productive meeting’ with Canadian...

December 1, 2024

Recent Posts

  • Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the Senate despite Schumer, Dem opposition: ‘We will have a vote’
  • GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter ID bill as Senate fight looms
  • DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate Democrats block funding over ICE reforms
  • US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept alleges China nuclear test
  • LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word salad as Rubio channels strength

    Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest insights, updates, and exclusive content straight to your inbox! Whether it's industry news, expert advice, or inspiring stories, we bring you valuable information that you won't find anywhere else. Stay connected with us!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Categories

    • Business (976)
    • Investing (4,127)
    • Politics (4,985)
    • Stock (4)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sightfulinvest.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 Sightful Invest. All Rights Reserved.