Sightful Invest
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock
Top Posts
Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...
GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...
DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...
US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...
LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...
Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...
Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...
Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...
Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump...
Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Stock

Sightful Invest

Politics

Jill Biden’s ‘work husband’ runs for cover as privilege protection crumbles

by admin June 26, 2025
June 26, 2025
Jill Biden’s ‘work husband’ runs for cover as privilege protection crumbles

Anthony Bernal, the former advisor to former first lady Jill Biden, is refusing to appear before the House Oversight Committee to be questioned about the alleged cover-up of former President Joe Biden’s mental decline.

Chair James Comer, R-Ky., said in a press release Tuesday that Bernal was refusing to appear on June 26 for a transcribed interview, as part of the committee’s investigation into the Biden cover-up, and also the potentially unauthorized use of autopen for executive actions and pardons.

‘Now that the White House has waived executive privilege, it’s abundantly clear that Anthony Bernal – Jill Biden’s so-called ‘work husband’ – never intended to be transparent about Joe Biden’s cognitive decline and the ensuing cover-up,’ Comer said. ‘With no privilege left to hide behind, Mr. Bernal is now running scared, desperate to bury the truth. The American people deserve answers and accountability, and the Oversight Committee will not tolerate this obstruction.’

The chairman added that if Bernal does not wish to come on his own, he will issue a subpoena to compel Bernal to provide testimony before the committee.

Letters obtained by Fox News Digital from a source familiar with the matter show the Trump administration will not allow the people of interest in Comer’s probe to use their past White House work as a legal shield.

Deputy Counsel to the President Gary Lawkowski sent the letters to former Biden Chief of Staff Ron Klain, former senior advisors Anita Dunn, Steve Ricchetti, Mike Donilon, Annie Tomasini, Bruce Reed, Ashley Williams and Bernal.

‘In light of the unique and extraordinary nature of the matters under investigation, President Trump has determined that an assertion of executive privilege is not in the national interest, and therefore is not justified, with respect to particular subjects within the purview of the House Oversight Committee,’ the letters said. ‘Those subjects include your assessment of former President Biden’s fitness for the office of the President and your knowledge of who exercised executive powers during his administration.’

Congressional Republicans and the White House are investigating whether the senior Biden aides in question played any role in keeping concerns about the former president’s mental acuity shielded from the public eye and even from lower-level White House staffers.

‘Just yesterday, we heard from our first witness, Neera Tanden, the former Staff Secretary who controlled the Biden autopen,’ Comer said Wednesday. ‘Ms. Tanden testified that she had minimal interaction with President Biden, despite wielding tremendous authority. She explained that to obtain approval for autopen signatures, she would send decision memos to members of the President’s inner circle and had no visibility of what occurred between sending the memo and receiving it back with approval.

‘Her testimony raises serious questions about who was really calling the shots in the Biden White House amid the President’s obvious decline,’ Comer continued. ‘We will continue to pursue the truth for the American people.’

Bernal’s team previously confirmed he would appear for a transcribed interview on June 26, 2025, according to Comer’s office. But yesterday, the White House counsel’s office notified Bernal that it was waiving executive privilege regarding the Oversight Committee’s investigation.

Bernal’s legal team then told the committee he would no longer appear for the interview.

Comer’s team said in the press release that during the last Congress, the chairman subpoenaed three key White House aides, including Bernal, who allegedly ran interference for Biden to cover up his decline.

Despite the subpoenas, the White House under Biden allegedly obstructed the committee’s investigation by refusing to make the aides available for interviews or depositions.

Fox News Digital’s Elizabeth Elkind contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Mossad chief thanks US for help with Iran, says ‘mission is not yet complete’
next post
Judicial nominee shuts down ‘wildly inaccurate’ claims that he’s Trump’s ‘henchman’

You may also like

State officials say lawyers ready to compel county...

November 5, 2024

Graham blocks Trump-backed spending plan, calls it a...

January 30, 2026

Harris VP pick Tim Walz’s top five ‘weird’...

August 8, 2024

My friend Melania Trump is finally telling her...

October 6, 2024

President Trump’s foreign policy playbook has our friends...

January 30, 2025

Mike Johnson hits iconic Nashville bar, blasts Dems...

August 27, 2025

‘Dead of night’: Dems accuse GOP of cowardice...

May 20, 2025

NRSC chair reveals how many GOP Senate seats...

February 22, 2025

Trump admin urges Supreme Court to allow president...

September 5, 2025

FBI nabs Florida man with alleged plan to...

November 26, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the Senate despite Schumer, Dem opposition: ‘We will have a vote’
  • GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter ID bill as Senate fight looms
  • DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate Democrats block funding over ICE reforms
  • US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept alleges China nuclear test
  • LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word salad as Rubio channels strength

    Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest insights, updates, and exclusive content straight to your inbox! Whether it's industry news, expert advice, or inspiring stories, we bring you valuable information that you won't find anywhere else. Stay connected with us!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Categories

    • Business (976)
    • Investing (4,127)
    • Politics (4,985)
    • Stock (4)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sightfulinvest.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 Sightful Invest. All Rights Reserved.